Bleeding

@Dr_Paula hi I have had my implant refitted due to no finding a pill that suited me. So I’ve given this a retry. Since week two of having it I have bled constantly. Will this settle how long do I need to give it before getting advice. When I had it fitted the doctor said about taking cerazette alongside it to help it settle down.

Hello @Nadine_Stacie

Many thanks for updating the forum on this. Bleeding patters are very variable on the implant. The first important thing is to exclude any other causes of bleeding, not related to the implant - like infection, pregnancy and also to make sure that you are up to date with your smear tests. To do this, you will need to talk to the person who fitted it. all other causes of bleeding have been excluded then the usual advice is to give it some time to see if it settles. Some people take the combined pill to control the bleeding during this period. There is no evidence that Cerazette will help control the bleeding, but there is no harm in trying it. The usual guidance is that if you are still bleeding at 3 months then it is unlikely to get better. You may not wish to continue for the 3 months to see what happens and of course you can have it removed at any time.

I am really sorry to hear that it is causing you problems.

Many thanks

Paula