Chances of unwanted pregnancy? Should we take plan B?

Hello! Im really worried because my girfriend and I had sex 50 hours ago and the condom I used broke inside her.I immediately stopped the intercourse and put on other condom. The thing which worries me the most is I usually have precum during foreplay and maybe sex, I went to the toilet to clean myself before the actual intercourse and to pee also. I didnt cum inside her, and I wasnt close to. It was 5 min since we started the act. My girlfriend usually has 28-30 days menstrual cycle but her latest was around 35 days for some reason. We had sex 2 days after her period ended (5 days period) so that means it was on the 7th or 8th day on her cycle. What are the chances of her getting pregnant and would you advice us to take Plan B for a thing like this because we are running out of time, and I dont know if it wont be for nothing

Hello @TheDecentone1

I agree that there is a small risk of pregnancy here. I want to be reassuring because I think the risk is small - you stopped immediately and changed condom. But I agree with you that there is often sperm that leaks from the end of the penis before ejaculation.

So, I think to be safe your girlfriend should take emergency contraception. There are 2 types - one that is effective within 72 ours called levonorgestrel and one that is effective within 120 hours called ulipristal acetate (brand name Ella One).

As you posted this 14 hours ago - we must be getting near the 72 hours, so I suggest you use Ella One.

Are you in the UK? (I only ask this because Plan B is a US brand of emergency contraception)

If you are in the UK then you could get ulipristal acetate from a family planning clinic, your GP and some pharmacies.

The most effective method of emergency contraception is an IUD. You can find out more here .

https://www.sh24.org.uk/contraception/ec

Many thanks

Paula