Chlamydia treatment

I took an at home test and it came back positive for chlamydia. I finished the weeks treatment of doxycycline which instructions were to take two a day. I took the 2 tablets within 6-8 hours of each other each day but now I’m reading a lot that says I should have taken them 12 hours apart. Is it likely that the treatment will still have worked? It has now been 6 weeks since the treatment so I have ordered another test to check I am clear but I am not sure how long it will take in terms of receiving the test in the post and then getting the results back due to the current covid so any help to put my mind at ease would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello @123 , I think it is highly likely that the treatment would have worked, however re-testing is a good idea. There are no delays within our service or the labs at the moment, however the royal mail is very slow right now. For this reason it may take over a week for the test kit to get to you. We will let you know when we have dispatched it and when the lab have received it - everything else is up to Royal Mail!

Many thanks

Paula