Just worried - what should I do?

Hello there, I have a question about unprotected sex and pregnancy… My bf and I got intimate for the first time yesterday. There was no penetration involved but I was sitting on his lap/penis without anything on when he was wet. Prior to this, he did not ejaculate, just wet… I’m worried that something may have entered my vagina during this. Is it possible to get pregnant? If so what should I do?

Hello @Sat

Many thanks for your question and I am so sorry for my slow response - particularly when you are worried - I have been away for a few days.

From your description, it sounds like your risk of pregnancy is very low as there was no penetration. I don’t think I can say it is zero as it sounds from the description as there was some pre-ejaculate on the penis.

I can see that you asked the question 3 days ago - which is why I am particularly sorry about my delayed reply, but if you are concerned there is an emergency contraception tablet (Ella One) that can be taken up to 5 days (120 hours) after a pregnancy risk. You can get this from your GP, any sexual health clinic and some pharmacies.

Your pregnancy risk also depends on the time in your cycle - so it might be worth thinking about this - although we generally offer emergency contraception for pregnancy risk at any time of the cycle.

If you are going to have sexual contact again you might want to think about ongoing contraception. You can find information about all methods here https://sh24.org.uk/contraception

Do come back to me if you have any further questions about any of the methods.

Many thanks

Paula