Why I love the implant

I would just like to say how much I love the implant. I have been using the implant for ten years. That’s right - I’m on my 4th one!

I was originally taking the combined pill but I was always worried about forgetting to take it. I was paranoid all the time as I really didn’t want to get pregnant. When I went to see the Dr about using the injection, she recommended the implant. I’ve never looked back!

I have go admit that there is some discomfort when it’s fitted: you get the feeling of an injection when they numb the area and afterwards your arm is sore for a couple of days. On the plus side, you only need to go through this discomfort one every three years! So I think it’s worth it.

When I first started on the implant, my periods were all over the place, so my doctor prescribed the pill on top for three months just to ‘settle’ the periods. Now I find that for the first two years of the implant, I have a (very light) period approximately every 100 days. Once I’m onto the final year of the three years I tend to have monthly periods. This will be different for everyone, though. Some if my friends who used the implant and had no periods at all. Some friends’ periods never settled so they ended up having it removed.

I hope this has been helpful for anyone who is unsure about whether to give it a go. I’d definitely recommend!

Thanks @Gemma1
I think it is so helpful to share positive stories about the implant!
Paula